8 Ways to Spice Up Your Work Wardrobe!
We've been learning quite a lot from responses to our H*O*T Style Quiz. (Have you taken the quiz yet?)
Women really want to know how to spice up their work wardrobes. We say adding on-trend accessories is the easiest, most cost-effective way to spice it up at work!
Maybe you're feeling like your office wardrobe has become a little stale and predictable? Here are 8 ways to spice up your work wardrobe.
1. Shoot Some Hoops -- Earrings are always an easy way to add some style to your look. This season the hoop game is strong! Check out these 3 very different styles which can easily be paired with basic work outfits to add a little spice.
Gold Triple Circle Hoop Earrings
Large Colorful Bead Hoop Earrings
Modernist Gold Oval Hoops
2. Draw Straw -- The little straw bag is having a moment like I haven't seen since the 90s! Adding one to your look can really take your style cred up a notch. This season there are so many cute affordable ones to choose from in addition to the culty Cult Gaia bag every fashion girl has been carrying around for a couple of seasons.
Urban Outfitters Crossbody Straw Bag
Catch tote from Anthropologie
Rebecca Minkoff Straw Crossbody Bag
4. Buy Belts -- Finally belts are back in the spotlight where they belong! I've always loved this particular accessary and found it to be such an easy way to add color, structure and style to an outfit. This summer we're seeing a wide range of belt styles and one of them is bound to appeal. I've included 3 top belt styles; the western belt, the handy belt bag and the logo belt.
B-Low the Belt Bri Bri Belt
Zara Belt Bag
Tory Burch Logo Belt
5. Stylize Your ID -- Practical yet immensely stylish, Fashion Ids truly illustrate the saying 'necessity is the mother of invention'! Some years back when I still worked in a large Ad Agency I was unhappy wearing my work ID on an ugly lanyard. So good friend and colleague Mark Fina and I created FASHIONids, the perfect way to express your style while keeping an ID at hand. Handmade with vintage jewelry pieces and found objects, they're an excellent way to add personality to your work wardrobe no matter what that consists of. Here are 3 favorites:
Copper Chain with Black Wood Leaves FASHIONid
This Pearl is a Star FASHIONid
Golden Charms FASHIONid
6. Tie One On -- A couple of weeks ago I recounted how impressed I was with French Womens' ability to wear a scarf, when I first landed in Paris to live and still today. And I know why. It's because it's the one accessory that makes every outfit look better! Here are 3 that will uplift your most basic work ensemble.
& Other Stories Peony Scarf
Zara Pleated Polka Dot Scarf
7. Lighten Up -- Ok I know you're thinking that there's no way you're getting stylish and comfortable in one shoe but I promise you it's possible. These are 3 pairs that I have recent experience with and couldn't be happier. The Everlane Day shoe blew me away, so cute and comfortable! Although I'm not a fan of the brand's overly basic basics they've really nailed the great looking comfort shoe. Cole Haan with zerogrand technology is like walking on a cloud. And finally go for Allbirds if you want to join the cool kids comfort shoe club :) I promise you won't take them off.
Everlane Day Heel
Cole Haan ZEROGRAND Oxford
Allbirds Tree Runners
8. Artify Your Phone -- Yes phone cases are style accessories too! I bet you're never without yours and it should be as fashionable as you are. That's easy with the 3 examples below, all products of our H*O*T artist collaborations with Pauline de Rousy de Sales and Patrick-Earl Barnes.
Red Pants Woman iPhone Case by Pauline de Roussy de Sales
Moncler Dog iPhone Case by Pauline de Roussy de Sales
Woman Red Dress on Blue by Patrick-Earl Barnes